Following the declaration of Emergency Limitations on Public Movement (PPKM-Darurat) to be in effect 03-20 July 2021, the National Railway Company (PT-KAI) has canceled long-haul and local train services from its Surabaya hub.
The spokesman for PT KAI in Surabaya, Luqman Arif, released a statement on Saturday, 03 July 2021, confirming that nine long-haul and many local train services are suspended until 20 July.
Long-Haul Train Services Cancelled:
- KA Brawijaya: Malang-Gambir (RT)
- KA Gumarang: Surabaya Pasar Tua – Pasar Senen (RT)
- KA Mutiara Selatan: Surabaya Gubeng – Bandung (RT)
- KA Kertanegara: Malang – Purwokerto (RT)
- KA Sancaka: Surabya Gubeng – Yogyakart (RT)
- KA Kertajaya: Surabaya Pasar Tua – Pasar Senen (RT)
- KA Matarmaja: Malang – Pasar Senen (RT)
- KA Pasundan: Surabaya Gubeng – Kiaracondong (RT)
- KA Ranggajat: Cirebon-Surabaya-Jember (RT)
Local Train Services Cancelled:
- KA Dhoho: Surabaya Kota – Kertosono – Blitar (RT)
- KA Penataran: Surabaya Kota – Malang – Blitar (RT)
- KA Penataran: Malang – Surabaya (RT)
- KA Tumapel: Surabaya Gubeng – Malang (RT)
Local Economy Train Services Cancelled:
- Surabaya Psar Turi – Cepu (RT)
- Bojonegoro – Sidoardjo – Surabaya (RT)
- Surabaya Kota – Kertosono (RT)
- Commuter Service: Surabay-Pasuruan (RT)
Train passengers holding confirmed tickets on local and long-haul train services can refund their tickets at any train station with a ticket booth or call the PT KAI Call Center “121”.
Tickets can be refunded for a maximum period of 30 days after the scheduled date of travel.