Effective 14 October 2021, Indonesia that the Indonesian gateways of Bali and the Riau Islands are open to international visitors from a total of 19 countries.
The 19 nationals of the following 19 countries are now welcome to visit Indonesia providing they hold a valid visa, have undergone RT-PCR testing both prior and during their arrival process, and have submitted to a five-day quarantine:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- New Zealand
- South Korea
The Principality of Liechtenstein is included among the 19 countries – a European micro-state of around 39,000 covering only 160 square kilometers.
As reported previously by Balidiscovery.com, pre-arrival requirements for nationalities have been put in place to reduce the possibility of a new surge in COVID-19 cases in Bali.
Among the pre-departure requirements are:
- Visitors must originate from a country with a WHO COVID-19 Level of 1 or 2 and a less than 5% positivity rate.
- Travelers must have in their possession a “negative” RT-PCR Test performed within 3 x 24 hours of their departure for Indonesia.
- Official proof of being fully vaccinated (2 x injections) completed a minimum of 14 days before their departure for Indonesia. The subject proof must be in English in addition to any other language used on the official certificate.
- Proof of insurance to a value of US$100,000 that includes coverage for care in connection with COVID-19.
- Proof of pre-paid accommodation from an accommodation provider in Indonesia or a third party.
Foreign travelers to Indonesia must also:
- Complete an E-HAC (Electronic Health Alert Card) using the online PeduliLindungi Smartphone Application.
- Undergo an RT-PCR Test upon arrival in Indonesia performed at the traveler’s expense. Traveler’s RT-PCR test Results will be sent to their designated quarantine hotel after arrival.
Quarantine Period Reduced to 5 Days
In a reduction from the former quarantine period of 8 days, arriving international passengers are now only required to remain in a designated quarantine hotel for five days. On the evening of the fourth day, an RT-PCR Test would again be performed. If the results are “negative,” the traveler will be free to leave the quarantine hotel and resume normal activities beginning day five.
The five-day quarantine period applies equally to both Indonesian and foreign travelers.
Bali Widens it Door-Quarantine Now 5 Days
Government Eyes Reducing Quarantine to 5 Days
Updated List of Bali Quarantine Hotels