The Indonesian Airline Lion Air – part of the Lion Air Group, now provides “free” COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests on specific domestic routes.
The program is intended to accelerate the restoration of the national economy and the tourism sector by increasing public demand for air travel.
The new “free” COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test program commenced on Saturday, 20 March 2021, and will remain in effect until further notice.
As reported by RadarBali, Free antigen-antibody tests are provided from the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport near Jakarta to the following 14 selected destinations:
- Bengkulu (BKS) – Bandar Udara Fatmawati Soekarno.
- Jambi (DJB) – Bandar Udara Sultah Thaha.
- Batam (BTH) – Bandar Udara Internasional Hang Nadim.
- Tanjung Pinang (TNJ) – Bandar Udara Internasional Raja Haji Fisabilillah.
- Tanjung Karang (TKG) – Bandar Udara Internasional Radin Inten II, Lampung.
- Tanjung Pandan (TJQ) – Bandar Udara Internasional H.A.S. Hanandjoeddin, Belitung.
- Semarang (SRG)– Bandar Udara Internasional Jenderal Ahmad Yani.
- Solo (SOC) – Bandar Udara Internasional Adi Soemarmo.
- Yogyakarta (YIA) – Bandar Udara Internasional Yogyakarta Kulongprogo.
- Lombok (LOP) – Bandar Udara Internasional Zainudin Abdul Madjid.
- Palangkaraya (PKY) – Bandar Udara Tjilik Riwut, Pahandut.
- Tarakan (TRK) – Bandar Udara Internasional Juwata.
- Makassar (UPG) – Bandar Udara Internasional Sultan Hasanudin.
- Kendari (KDI) – Bandar Udara Haluoleo, Konawe Selatan.
The conditions that apply for the free Rapid Test Antigen COVID-19 test:
- Available only for passengers booked on Lion Air.
- Available for air tickets to the selected destinations ordered after 20 March 2021.
- Valid for flights on or after 20 March 2021.
- Passengers must present a voucher exchangeable for a Rapid Test Antigen COVID-19.
- The voucher for the “free” Rapid Test Antigen COVID-19 will be issued at the time of ticket purchase, starting from 20 March 2021.
Online access for the test details is available at www.lionair.co.id by selecting the menu “Layanan Rapid Test.”
Offline arrangements for ticketing and the Antigen Rapid Test Vouchers can be made at Lion Air sales offices.
Passengers having tickets for travel after 20 March 2021 but who purchased a ticket before that date can apply online at the Lion Air Website or in person at a Lion Air Sales Office.
Rapid Tests using the Lion Air voucher are available at designated health facilities at selected clinics, hospitals, and laboratories.